Date Published: May 11, 2018, 12:25 p.m.
hanks to the Orange money platform, the Autonomous District of Abidjan launched a series of taxis equipped with an electronic payment system, a real meter allowing customers to have access to pricing information and a GPS system that can provide geolocation in case of danger. This project follows discussions within the Uraia platform and aims to collect taxi taxes via mobile banking. The main objectives are to avoid drivers to waste time and money to go to the routine municipal controls, to ensure payers transparency in the circulation of financial flow and to facilitate and significantly improve tax collection for the district. Therefore, this project will contribute to the promotion of smart solutions for better management of local finances and improved transparency. To be able to pay through the system, the taxi driver must have an orange money account. To make the payment, he must select from his mobile phone the operation to be done (payment or verification). Then, he enters the following information (number, amount, fees, validity). To confirm the payment, he must enter his secret code after the operation; he will receive a confirmation message.
Autonomous district of Abidjan.
Starting date: 02/2018
Ending date: still on going
- Delivery of a first draft for discussion: end of February 2016
- Discussion for final validation: mid-March 2017
- Multi-stakeholder working group and expansion: April-June 2017
- Implementation of the technical solution: August 2017
- Signature of partnerships and financial contracts: end of October 2017
- Technical development (database access / link with Orange Money / Query Service via USSB): September - November (taking into account updates)
- Stakeholder training, change management: November 2017
- Launch of communication campaigns to taxi drivers: December 2017
- Protocol of analysis of the practice / Evaluation of the device: mid-December until the end of experimentation (according to rate of encashment of the taxes)
- The Internet
Overall budget of the project: € 45,735 financed by the budget of the Autonomous District of Abidjan.
1 / Coordination difficulties of private operator-administrative services
2 / Existing regulationSolutions found: setting up an operator-state-autonomous district consultation platform
Prior agreement between central government, local authorities and the Autonomous District of Abidjan.