Date Published: July 16, 2019, 10:43 a.m.
1. "Increasing municipal revenue with SMART solutions".
2. Urban Regeneration with People´s Participation; and
3. Local Gvt: Human Resource Management and Reforms
Participants will be invited to discuss and identify the trending topics and challenges regarding the current application of SMART technologies and its impact on the municipal budget and management that are currently shaping the daily life in cities.
They will analyse and compare what are the current inspiring and replicable experiences, and specifically how cities can improve municipal revenue by improving tax collection and generate savings, with a specific focus on water management.
The workshop will be organized through peer to peer exchanges along with dialogues with practitioners from the private sector, investment, research and experts, in order to organize multi-stakeholders and multi-sectorial dialogues, to create a shared culture of working and co-production of solutions in specific cases: The workshops will be held in English and with translation to Persian.
The objectives of
this workshop are the following:
1. To offer a space to exchange experiences among peers and practitioners: city managers, decision-makers, technology providers, NGOs and community representatives.
2. To share trends and inspiring practices regarding the application of SMART technologies to cities, with special focus on water.
3. To highlight common challenges faced by city managers.
4. To establish key recommendations and lessons learned.
5. To strengthen local governments’ capacities for innovation in public management.
6. To exchange support and collaboration in implementing efforts to create SMART investments
7. To identify new opportunities to “build with” and “govern with” city residents.
8. To establish collaboration between participating cities at the to assist leaders with the implementation of new initiatives
9. To elaborate a final publication integrating conclusions of the discussions and compilation of best practices
Registration is opened. Kindly access to the promotion package here below in documents section.
Mashhad concept note
Invitation to the Mashhad Event
Visa requirement Mashhad